You may be wondering about how beneficial Lemons can be. Allow us to answer your question.
Lemons are high in vitamin C and for that, they cover high amounts of your body’s needs for such a vitamin. Vitamin C is an antioxidant that:
– Lowers blood pressure
– Boosts immunity
– Improves iron absorption
– Hydrates and brighten the skin…etc.
Now that you know the benefits of lemons, has the idea of growing lemons occurred to you? If so, we have the complete super-easy guide from planting to harvesting right here for you.
Growing lemons has never been this easy, thanks to the paper towel method:
– Remove the seeds from the pulp and rinse them well underwater
– Keep in mind that you need to gather as many seeds as possible as not all of them will germinate
– Dry them with a paper towel
– Remove the white skin off of the seeds to boost the germination process
– Wrap the seeds in a paper towel and maintain a distance of 1 inch between them
– Spray the paper towel with water
– Now place it in a plastic bag and don’t forget to label it with the date
– Store the bag in a warm spot and avoid sunlight
After approximately 1 month, your seeds have now grown roots are now ready to be planted.
– Once the root is around 2 inches long, grab a few pots
– Prepare soil and make sure its pH is around 6.0 to 7.0
– Make sure your pots are around 12 inches in diameter. i.e., you’ll need a 20-gallon container.
– Once the pot is ready, carefully plant the seedlings half an inch deep in the middle of the pot
– Don’t overwater and allow the surface of the soil to dry between watering
Now that you have planted it, it is about time you familiarized yourself with its needs.
– Create an ideal environment for it by exposing it to sunlight for as long as 8 hours a day.
– Nutrition: lime trees need acidic fertilizer that is rich in Nitrogen, potassium, calcium, zinc, and iron.
*Here are the ingredients of a homemade fertilizer that will be an alternative to all synthetic fertilizers.
– green leaves or coffee grounds
– banana and orange peels
– eggshells and spinach
– Seaweed and broccoli stems
– Carrots and apricots
– Maintenance: Prune your tree by removing all the dead or damaged to expose your lemons to the sun.
– Protect your fruit from the threat of pests such as mites, aphids, fungi, etc. with vinegar-based pesticides, and by doing that, you save money and kick those pests away from your garden.
Now you know how to grow and care for lemon trees in the comfort of your own home. Trust us, it is worth the trouble