Elevate your breakfast game with tantalizingly crisp oven-toasted bread in just 4 simple steps, guaranteed to make your taste buds dance with delight.
Toasting bread in the oven is a great alternative to using a toaster, as that allows for more customization options. Our method today will help you to achieve a crispy texture while maintaining a soft, warm center. Plus, it will give you the flexibility to toast a larger quantity of bread at once, as opposed to what regular bread toasters do.
Welcome To The Era Of Rapid Crunch!
You can make the most out of your oven rack to toast a large batch of bread at once! We know you don’t appreciate standing next to a slow toaster waiting for each slice to be ready. Here is how you can impress your hungry guests with a platter of crispy and golden toasts.
– Preheat the oven to a temperature of 190 °C.
– Slice the bread into evenly sized pieces.
– You can pick different kinds of bread like baguettes or sandwich bread.
– Position the wire rack on the highest level to leave space for the oven plate that goes right under.
– Insert the bread slices within the wire rack rails, just like you do with a normal toaster.
– Each rail fits two slices of bread and will allow heat to reach both sides.
– Monitor the toasting process and choose when to say when based on the desired level of crispiness.
– Use oven mitts to pull both the wire rack from the oven and allow the bread to cool slightly.
– Placing your bread between the wire rack rails will create a toast with distinct grill-like marks.
– The open space between the wire rack rails will allow for better airflow, allowing you to toast both sides at the same time.
– By toasting between over rack rails, you’ll get a crispy exterior while maintaining a soft interior (just like we promised).
– This technique will also open the door for customization and creativity with different kinds of bread. Let your imagination run wild!