Indulge in the delight of homemade goodness – follow these 7 easy steps to create the most delicious fig jam!
In the cherished days of our grandmothers and their grandmothers, there was sweet magic in creating everything at home, from warm bread to heavenly jams, cakes, cheese…etc. each creation turned into a delightful treasure thanks to their wisdom and flavorful touch.
Today, we thought you might want to re-experience one of those beloved recipes that will fill your heart and taste buds with pure joy.
Allow us to bring sweetness to your kitchen with the perfect homemade jams recipe that won’t only adorn breakfast, but also bring delightful charm to pies and cheesecakes, igniting your senses with sweetness.
Start by grabbing a sterilized airtight jar, a saucepan, and a spatula. Now here is what you need:
– 1/2 kilo peeled and quartered figs (each)
– Juice and zest of one lemon
– A cupful of brown or brown sugar (preferably organic)
– 50 ml water
First things first, let’s sterilize the glass jar by immersing it in cold water, then heating it until it boils for no longer than 10 minutes.
– Squeeze the lemon for its juice and remove the zest
– Place the fig pieces in the saucepan
– Now add sugar, water, lemon zest, and juice to the saucepan with the figs
– Cook over low heat for 1 hour and stir occasionally
– Once the mixture reaches the desired consistency, remove the saucepan from the heat
– Now pour the jam into the jar, and seal it tightly
– Turn the jar upside down until it cools, then you can place it in the refrigerator
– Feel free to experiment with different fruits like strawberries or oranges
– You can use orange zest instead of lemon and still enjoy the natural goodness
– Ensure the jar is properly sterilized before use to ensure longer shelf life
– If you prefer a smoother texture, you can mash the figs slightly while they cook
– Enjoy your homemade jam with toast, scones, or as a delightful addition to cheese platters