Don’t let your water heater become a sneaky scale factory! Descale it and unleash the power of hot water.
Dealing with scale buildup in your water heater is a quite serious matter that requires your undivided attention as its efficiency and lifespan will be affected.
Here are a few issues that can be caused by scale buildup in your water heater:
– Decreased efficiency of the water heater.
– Higher energy consumption and increased utility bills.
– Reduced volume and pressure of water flow.
– Clogged pipes, faucets, and shower heads.
Assuming that you are now convinced about the gravity of the situation and would like to fix it before it is too late? Let us show you how this is done.
Grab your safety gloves and a screwdriver, and let’s begin.
– Turn off the power.
– Empty the tank until it is empty.
– Prepare a mixture of vinegar and water (equal parts).
– Close the drain valve and pour the solution into the tank.
– Let the descaling solution sit there for a few hours.
– Now open the drain valve and let the solution drain completely.
– Flush the tank with clean water.
– You can use a brush to scrub the heating elements.
– Close the drain valve again and fill the tank with clean water.
– Turn the power back on and soon, you will notice the difference.
– Your water heater will now operate more efficiently. You’re surely going to spot the difference on those utility bills of yours.
– This technique will also prevent corrosion and extend the lifespan of the water heater. That will reduce the likelihood of costly repairs or even worse, replacements.
– Water quality will improve after removing the scale as it contains impurities that affect water quality.
– Regular descaling will reduce the need for frequent repairs and maintenance. In the long run, such a habit will save you time, effort, and money.