Prepare to be amazed by the simplicity and deliciousness of this potato dinner, featuring just one potato and two eggs.
Create a satisfying and budget-friendly dinner with just one potato and two eggs, enjoy the perfect harmony of creamy eggs and crispy potatoes in this simple yet delicious dinner option! The versatility of this dish allows you to get creative with seasonings and toppings, making it a go-to option for a quick, nutritious, and budget-friendly dinner.
– 1 Medium-sized Potato
– 2 Large Eggs
– 1 tablespoon of olive oil
– 1 tablespoon of butter
– Salt and black pepper for seasoning
– Optional toppings: grated cheese, herbs, hot sauce…
– The first step is to wash the potato, then peel it and cut it into medium slices.
– In a skillet over medium heat add the olive oil and butter, once the butter melts add the potato slices and make an even layer in the skillet. Make sure to stir the potatoes occasionally until they turn golden brown.
– Once the potatoes are half-cooked, add the seasoning to your taste.
– While the potatoes are cooking in a separate bowl crack two eggs, and add salt and pepper, you can add chopped parsley or green onions then mix them well.
– When the diced potatoes turn golden brown, flip it to the other side to ensure an even cook.
– Leave the potato to cook for another 5 minutes.
– Once the potatoes are cooked and tender, pour the egg mixture, cover the skillet, and let it finish cooking for another 5 minutes on low heat.
– If you are a cheese fan, you can add some grated cheese at the last minute and cover the skillet back to allow the cheese to melt.
– Once the cheese melts and the eggs and fully cooked, you can take the skillet off the stove and transfer your dinner into a larger presenting plate.
Voila! You made a tasty and filling dinner in no time.