There is nothing truly comforting and satisfying as a baked potato dish, it is crunchy yet so tender and fluffy at the same time. I bet your mouth is watering already!
This recipe is a classic of French cuisine. It consists of sliced potatoes cooked in a kind of gratin. Aside from the delicious taste, what everyone likes about gratin is that it is easy to prepare and super versatile, you can use beef or chicken, or fish, it all depends on your taste.
Come along, let’s see how you can make the best-baked potato dish.
– 1 kg of potatoes (Bintje type preferably).
– 1.2 liters of chicken stock.
– 4 Small onions.
– 40 g of butter to caramelize the onions.
– 20 g of soft butter.
– Fresh thyme.
– Fresh ground black pepper.
– Pour the broth into a pan to heat it.
– Slice the onions into julienne and caramelize them in butter for 20 minutes.
– Cut the potatoes into slices 1 cm thick, then wash them thoroughly to remove all the excess starch.
– In a bowl, season the potatoes with salt and black pepper, and fresh thyme.
– Butter your baking dish, and layer the onions and potatoes in it.
– Add the broth and thyme.
– Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil, then put it in a preheated oven at 150 °C, and bake your preparation for 50 minutes. In the last 10 minutes, remove the aluminum foil, so your dish can have an appetizing golden-brown crust on top.
– Use a toothpick to see if your potatoes are done or not.
– If you notice that the potato still has a firm texture, you can add more broth.
A variety of toppings and side dishes may be served with baked potatoes, as it is such a customizable meal. Here are a few preferred dishes that pair with baked potatoes:
– Sour cream and chives go perfectly with potato, as they add richness and a flavorful boost this dish missed.
– Meats that are grilled or roasted: Baked potatoes go well with grilled or roasted meats like steak, chicken, or fish. The potato adds a comforting and filling element to the meal. In addition, your meal is now filling and complete, as it has all the necessary nutrients your body needs.
– Salads are great for a lighter alternative, serve your potato dish with a side salad. A plain green salad or a refreshing cucumber and tomato salad may offer a difference in tastes and textures.
Voilà! Dinner is served!
Your baked potato dish is ready to devour. I’m sure everyone will complement your cooking skills once you make this recipe!
You Can Also Read :