Finding the perfect pair of shoes can be challenging, especially if you have wide feet. Sometimes, even when you buy a shoe with the perfect size, you can still feel it too tight and uncomfortable. Below you will learn some tricks to stretch shoes.
Wearing tight shoes can have a lot of implications such as nerve damage, poor blood circulation, and foot deformities. Here comes the role of shoe stretching, which is a common practice to make them fit better and feel more comfortable.
Below are some tips to help you stretch shoes to fit your feet perfectly.
– Leather softener serves you well to permit a perfect shape adaptation to your feet.
– In fact, it is a product that you spray inside your shoes then you let it act as it increases the flexibility of the leather, making it more comfortable to wear.
-This method is convenient for treating stiffness in new shoes.
– However, you should not apply it to patent shoes to avoid the leather being damaged by the steam.
– Dampen some newspaper.
– Put them in your narrow footwear and let them sit for a day to loosen their material.
– This is good for widening shoes to fit the shape of your feet.
– The use of a Shoe tree is an excellent solution for leather or suede shoes to enlarge them following the softening of their material.
– Their effectiveness is shown in their action at the level of the length as well as the width of the shoe.
– Some products such as shoe expanders are designed for this purpose to help widen the shoes and adapt them to the feet.
– This mechanism works by exerting a force on the shoe leather to soften them in width.
– It is an effective method that consists of spreading the two sides of the shoe with a stretching wheel.
– If you use a softening product, the results will be even better.
– Also note that the smell also contributes to the deterioration of shoes and soles, it is imperative to deodorize them and of course eliminate the unpleasant smell of sweaty feet.
– Fill two freezer bags with water and insert each into a shoe and place them in the freezer.
– Leave overnight to take advantage of the cold’s ability to soften the leather.
– The next day, remove your pair from the freezer.
– Leave them for some time until the ice melts.
– Use a cloth to wipe and dry your wet pair, which will then be loosened, and you will feel more comfortable when you wear them later.
– If you prefer the warmth, you can moisten your pair of ballerinas with warm water (same for your ankle boots or leather pumps…).
– Then, when you wear them, put on thick socks to stretch them.
– It’s up to you to choose between these two methods to benefit from the cold or the warmth.
– The woolen of some shoes can form a discomfort to the feet, which may cause injury or damage.
– To prevent this, take a cloth and soak it in a mixture of 70% alcohol and 30% water and rub it against the woolens.
– This fluid allows your feet and ankles to move with the material without the risk of injury.