Discover simple and easy methods to preserve your orchid blooms for a lasting scent and exquisite flower with its eye-catching color.
If you have an orchid flower at home, then this article is for you to learn the essential secrets to blossomed flowers as long as possible. Keep reading to transform your orchid-growing journey into a rewarding one.
– Orchids prefer Humid environments to thrive and flower.
– You can increase the humidity levels by placing a tray of water near your plant or simply adding a humidifier.
– You should regularly monitor the humidity levels and if you notice them higher than what is advised, you can open the windows or turn a fan on to aerate the space.
-As a first step, you should know well the suitable growing environment for your orchid.
– Make sure that the pot drains excess water and does not retain moisture.
– You need to provide your plant with all the nutrients it needs to thrive.
– To guarantee the best results, you need to monitor your plant’s progress. It is advised to put your orchid in a transparent pot, and always remember to examine the foliage for any signs of discoloration.
– You should choose the appropriate pot size.
– An important step to have a blooming orchid is to prune it as needed.
– Make sure that you are using sharp and proper tools to minimize risks of spreading diseases or damaging the plant.
– Always remove dried branches and leaves to save your plant’s energy and nutrients.
– You have to know the frequency of watering and the amount of water your orchid blooms need.
– Consider using the Soak and Drain method, you simply need to put the pot in a sink filled with water and let the roots soak for 10–15 minutes. Once removed from the sink, your plant will drain excess water on its own.
– Remember to monitor the moisture levels and to water the orchid only when needed.
Now you know all the secrets to taking good care of your orchid blooms and preserve it, all you need to do is to follow a few simple gardening tips.