Losing a phone, especially when it’s on silent, can be incredibly frustrating. But fear not! With this clever trick, you can swiftly locate your device even in silent mode.
Losing a phone while it’s on silent can happen in various situations. Some common scenarios include misplacing it at home or work, accidentally leaving it in public places like cafés, restaurants, or public transportation, or even dropping it in between furniture or cushions. Yet you always feel frustrated, and you can’t locate it no matter how and where you search. But did you know that the trick to finding your silent lost phone involves enabling certain features?
– The Find My Device is a pre-installed feature on Android phones.
– If activated, this feature helps users to locate their device if lost.
– All you need is to have the location option switched on, and your device connected to the internet and of course, you need the same Google account logged on your phone.
– First, make sure that the Find My Device feature is enabled on your lost phone. For iPhone users, this feature is called Find My iPhone.
– If you can’t locate your phone, use a computer or another phone to log in to your iCloud account if you are using an iPhone or Google Account if your device has an Android system.
– Once logged in access the Find My Device/Phone feature, this will show you the latest known location of your phone, and this will give you a clearer idea of where to start searching you can call it from another device, and you will hear it ringing.
– However, if your phone is in silent mode, the Find My Device/Phone feature can trigger a sound on your device even if silent, and you will hear it, allowing you to track and find your phone.
– If your lost phone is not within immediate reach, and you want to protect your data, then you can enable the Lost Mode on iPhones and Lock for Android, this will automatically lock your device remotely and display a custom message on the screen with contact information for anyone who might find it.