You’re craving something sweet; you check the kitchen and find out that you’re missing half the ingredients. No problem at all!
Let us show you how to bake some fluffy and tender biscuits with no butter or eggs.
This is a simple recipe that is easy to prepare. The light and flaky texture will leave you wanting more.
– 3 cups of all-purpose flour
– 3 teaspoons of starch
– A pinch of salt
– 1 teaspoon of baking powder
– ½ cup of sugar
– ½ a cup of oil
– ½ a cup of water
– 1 vanilla packet
– Using an electric mixer, whip the sugar, oil, water, and vanilla until smooth and even.
– Put the flour in a bowl and sprinkle with salt, baking powder, and starch.
– Add the first sugar mixture to this bowl and mix until you have a soft, cohesive dough.
– Using plastic wrap, cover the bowl and place it in the fridge to rest for half an hour.
– Remove the dough from the refrigerator, cut it into portions, and roll it out on a plastic bag or a silicone spatula.
– Roll out the dough into a rectangle or square shape, then trim the edges and adjust the size of the dough to 10 cm by 5 cm to get the desired cookie shapes, then shape the edges with a fork
– After that, cut the dough to separate the required shapes and stack them inside the oven tray.
– After preheating the oven to the temperature of 180 °C, place the tray inside for 10 minutes, until it is well cooked.
– In a final step, place the pan under the broiler so that one side turns golden brown.
At this point, your eggless, butterless tea cookies are done. Allow biscuits to cool and gain proper texture and consistency before serving, and enjoy the taste.