An apple a day will definitely keep the doctor away, but not if it is coated in harmful pesticides! Get ready for a far better alternative.
Choosing to eat chemical-free fruits is of paramount importance if you ever wanted to feel the real taste and benefits of fruits. Chemical compounds on the other hand can have harmful effects on your health.
– They contain toxic properties that can increase the risk of certain cancers.
– They can also cause hormonal disruption and damage the nervous and reproductive systems.
– They can contaminate soil and water sources alike.
– They can harm beneficial insects, birds, and other organisms.
The good news is that all pesticide-laden fruits can still be consumed without you worrying about a thing! Just with a few clever washing techniques, you will reduce your exposure to pesticides and enjoy a delicious fruit in peace.
To make a good home-made product with which you’ll clean your fruits and vegetables, you need to:
– Mix 1 cup of water with 2 tbsp of baking soda.
– Add a tsp of lemon juice.
– Pour the mixture into a spray bottle and shake well.
– Spray directly on your fruits (apples, pears, etc…) as well as vegetables and salads.
– Wait until the mixture does its thing (10 minutes)
– Then rinse with cold water.
Vinegar will be perfect for you to remove traces of pesticides from vegetables and fruits:
– Prepare a basin (or even your sink) and fill it with 2 liters of water.
– Add 1L of white vinegar and mix.
– Soak your fruits and vegetables in this mixture.
– Leave it for 20 minutes (or even half an hour).
– Rinse them with clear water.
Now you can eat them safely and enjoy their natural taste.
Baking soda is your ally that will remove both pesticides and dirt from fruits and vegetables.
– Prepare a baking soda paste by mixing equal parts of water and baking soda.
– Soak a brush in the paste and lightly scrub the vegetables and fruits.
– furthermore, you can prepare a bowl containing a tbsp of baking soda mixed with 1L of water.
– Soak small fruits such as strawberries, cherries, blackberries, and grapes …
– Leave them in the for around 20 minutes.
– Finally, rinse your food with clear water.