Are you about to throw those overripe bananas in the trash? You better think twice before you do that.
– Brown bananas are rich in dietary fiber, vitamin C, and Vitamin B6
– They enhance and boost your immune system
– They boost your energy and are super easy to digest.
As mentioned earlier, blemished bananas would always have a spot in your kitchen rather than your trash can. Here are a few healthy ripe banana recipes that you can try.
– Banana bread: all you need to do is to mix mashed bananas with melted butter, baking soda, beaten eggs, and vanilla extract then finally add some flour to get the most delicious banana bread.
– Banana chips: just slice those bananas and bake them in the oven and enjoy this tasty home-made treat
– Banana cookies: mashed bananas can replace sugar in cookie dough! Less sugar to worry about!
– Banana smoothie: throw those bananas in a blender, add yogurt or milk of your choice and there you have it.
Aside from being a nutritious food ingredient, blemished bananas can also be used in a variety of other ways, including but not limited to:
– Home-made hair conditioner: mixing overripe bananas with olive oil and a tablespoon of honey then applying it to your hair will moisturize and strengthen your hair. Olive oil on the other hand will nourish the hair strands.
– face mask: just mash a ripe banana and use it as a face mask. Vitamins and minerals in bananas will make your skin smooth and soft. Leave the mask for around 20 minutes before rinsing it off with cool water.
– Hand mask: this time, add some honey and coconut oil to the mashed Banana, then apply the mixture to your hands and cover them with gloves. Rinse off after 20 minutes with tepid water.