Hey, want legs so fabulous that people mistake you for a majestic ostrich? Time to unleash those legs and strut your stuff like a boss.
Engaging in regular leg workout moves will do wonders for your overall fitness and aesthetic appeal. With the exercises we are about to suggest, not only will you strengthen your leg muscles, you’ll also improve your balance, stability, and mobility.
Let’s get right to it.
You can lunge with dumbbells to add resistance and challenge your leg muscles.
– Hold a dumbbell in each hand and stand with feet hip-width apart.
– Take a step forward with your right leg.
– Now lower your body until your back knee is just above the floor.
– At the same time, your front thigh must be parallel to the floor.
– Remember to keep your upper body straight while doing so.
– Now get back up to the starting position.
– Continue alternating legs and aim for 10 reps on each.
This is a great exercise that targets the muscles in your hips, thighs, and core.
– Lie down on your back with your legs straight out in front of you.
– Place your arms by your sides and your palms facing down.
– Draw your navel towards your spine to engage your core muscles.
– Lift your right leg a few inches on the ground while keeping it straight.
– Now make small clockwise circles with it and gradually increase the size of the circles.
– Now change directions and make counterclockwise circles with the same leg.
– Repeat the same exercise with the left side and start from 5 reps, then go up.
You will notice by practicing this exercise, that this name was not given at random.
– Lie on your back.
– Bend your knees and keep your feet flat on the floor.
– Keep your arms by your sides and palms facing the ground.
– Bring your navel towards your spine to engage your core muscles.
– Press your feet into the floor and raise your hips off the ground.
– Hold the bridge posture for a few seconds, squeezing your glutes.
– Slowly bring your lower back down to the floor.
– Repeat this exercise until you get the desired results.
Squats are a fundamental compound exercise that targets the quadriceps, hamstrings, glutes, and core muscles.
– Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
– Draw your navel towards your spine and lift your chest.
– Bend your knees and push your hips back as if you are about to sit on a chair.
– Balance your weight on your heels and make sure they are stuck to the floor.
– Keep lowering your body until your thighs are parallel to the ground.
– Hold that position briefly, then return to the starting position.
– Remember to exhale as you stand and inhale as you go down.
– Do as much reps as you can, as the more you do, the better the results.
What’s good about these exercises is that they don’t require a trainer, gym, or any kind of expensive equipment. Great, right?