Swimsuit season is upon us! Banish the belly fat and unleash your inner ab-solute Superhero.
Excess belly fat can be a stubborn and frustrating challenge, and not only does it affect your appearance, it also poses some serious health risks that include heart disease and type 2 diabetes.
It is important to understand the struggles linked to belly fat to motivate yourself to take action and improve your overall well-being. We’re here to accompany you every step of the way toward a healthier, happier, and slimmer you.
Let’s start with perfect exercises that will banish belly bulge and replace it with a flatter and more defined stomach.
– Lie on your back with your knees bent and arms by your side.
– Exhale, lift your legs and bring them towards your chest.
– As you lift your legs, curl your hips toward your chest.
– Inhale and slowly lower your legs and hips back to the initial position.
– Do as much reps as possible and focus on engaging your abs.
– Position yourself on the floor, face down.
– Extend your legs back and make sure your body stays straight from head to toe
– Hold this position for as long as you can keep a proper form
– Make sure your back stays flat and when finished, slowly lower your knees to the ground
Planking can be quite a challenge to your body, but it remains one of the most effective exercises that guarantee a better posture and stronger core.
– First, lie on your back with arms and legs on the floor
– Stretch your legs up as far as you can. Make sure they remain straight.
– Then stretch your arms and try to join your fingertips to your toes while keeping your stomach muscles contracted
– Start with 15 reps and work your way up.
Note: for this exercise to work correctly, you must never lift your back off the ground.
– Lie flat on your back and extend your legs up toward the ceiling.
– Keep your hands by your sides with palms facing down.
– Lower one leg and keep it hovering a few inches off the ground.
– Now lower the opposite leg while lifting the other one toward the ceiling.
– Continue alternating the leg movements and maintain a steady pace.
– By continuously doing this exercise, you will keep your core engaged.
– Do as much reps as you can to strengthen your core and target your abs.
– This time, you will lie flat on your stomach.
– Place your palms on the ground and keep your legs extended behind you.
– Try to lift your upper body off the ground while keeping your lower body relaxed.
– Hold the position for a few breaths before slowly lowering your upper body to the ground.
– Repeat this exercise as much as needed.
– Lie on your back on the floor with your arms on your sides.
– Put your legs together and lift them 5 cm off the ground while taking a deep breath.
– Swing the legs to the right side and then back to the center.
– Then swing the legs to the right side and return to the center.
– You can start by doing 3 sets of 15 reps.
– Stand with your legs shoulder-width apart
– Extend your hands in front of you to maintain balance.
– Lower your body down into a squat position as if you are about to sit on a chair.
– As you come up, rotate your upper body to one side.
– Now return to the center and repeat the squat.
– This time, rotate your upper body to the opposite side.
– Continue alternating the twisting motion with each squat.
As you might have already noticed, you will need a medical ball to target multiple muscle groups including the core and hips.
– Stand upright with your legs shoulder-width apart.
– Bend your knees slightly and hinge forward at the hips.
– Swing the ball from the top of your head to the bottom, passing it between your legs.
– Then return to the starting position.
– Continue swinging the medicinal ball for a desired number of reps.
For this exercise, you will need a chair.
– Sit on a chair and put your hands firmly on the edges.
– join your legs and lift them two inches off the floor to engage your core muscles.
– Now, try to lift your buttocks by resting your whole body on your arms.
– Maintain that position for a few seconds.
– Then release and return to the initial position.
– Perform a desired number of reps to target abdominal muscles and lower abs.
– Warm-up: Always start with warm-up sessions and make sure they include cardio exercises and dynamic stretches to improve flexibility.
– Hydration: Stay hydrated before, during, and after the exercise to support optimal performance and help maintain overall health.
– Rest and recovery: Don’t forget to listen to your body’s signals and give yourself enough time to recover and regain energy. This allows your muscles to repair and rebuild.
– Get enough sleep: Get adequate sleep to allow your body to recover. Sleep is quite important for muscle repair, hormone regulation, and overall well-being.